Developed & Supported by Mark Scheuer. Following in the footsteps of Scott Trepel & Robert A. Siegel Auctions, Muriel Bemis Hayes, Philip T. Wall, Carroll Alton Means, Alpheus B. Slater Margie Faiman, and others who published their work. We are grateful to all those who authorized the information and images used in this census. Feedback, additions, and corrections most welcome. Please send to: markscensus@uspcs.org
Skip to main content
| Scott Number | 03X1 |
|---|---|
| Date | February 20, 1846 |
| From City | Baltimore |
| From State | MD |
| To City | Springfield |
| To State | OH |
| Addressee | Snyder & Bro |
| Cert Author | |
| Cert # | |
| Fake | |
| No. of Stamps | 1 |
| Plate Position | |
| Initials | |
| Others |
Notes
Lot 407 3X1 Baltimore Postmaster Provisional partial cover February 20, 1846. Signature of James Buchanan a relative of President James Buchanan. Catalog value as a stamp is $6,000.
Rasdale Stamp Company Sale 463 realized 600
Letter addressed to Snyder & Bro in Springfield Ohio. John Snyder (1810-1896) and David Snyder (1816-1898) ran the flour mill, saw mill and distillery on the banks of the Mad River on the west side of Springfield.
Clark County Historical Society: John and David Snyder were philanthropist brothers that donated the land that would become Snyder Park in 1895. The land was acquired by the Snyder family in 1827 and remained in the family until the brothers donated the land to the community. In addition to the land, the Snyder brothers gave a $200,000 endowment and an extra $25,000 to the Park Board to build Snyder Memorial Bridge.
Rasdale Stamp Company Sale 463 realized 600
Letter addressed to Snyder & Bro in Springfield Ohio. John Snyder (1810-1896) and David Snyder (1816-1898) ran the flour mill, saw mill and distillery on the banks of the Mad River on the west side of Springfield.
Clark County Historical Society: John and David Snyder were philanthropist brothers that donated the land that would become Snyder Park in 1895. The land was acquired by the Snyder family in 1827 and remained in the family until the brothers donated the land to the community. In addition to the land, the Snyder brothers gave a $200,000 endowment and an extra $25,000 to the Park Board to build Snyder Memorial Bridge.

