Guidelines for Chronicle Advertisers
High quality PDF files are required. Prior to exporting or generating the PDF file, please check the following:
- Make sure all photos and graphics are in CMYK mode (for colored ads) or GRAY-SCALE (for black and white ads).
- Set the resolution for all photos and graphics to 300 dpi.
- Do not compress font or image information when generating a PDF.
- Use either “High Quality” or “Press” defaults when creating a PDF.
Chronicle Ad Sizes (in inches):
- Ideal size for Full Page Ad (Format area): 5 1/4 by 8 1/4. Maximum 6 x 9.
- Bleed size (full page, trimmed): 6 3/4 by 10. Add an extra 1/8th inch all around for trimming.
- Fractional ads (horizontal format only): Half page: 5 1/4 by 4 or Quarter page: 5 1/4 by 2.
For information about rates, deadlines and contracts, please contact our Advertising Manager Carol Bommarito. Your support for the Chronicle is very much appreciated.